1 Cor. 11:5,13
1 Cor. 15:31
- Psalms 110:1
- "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."
- The words of Moslems, in using this passage to support their belief in Muhammad, is remarkably similar to the assumption of the Pharisees whom Jesus confounded with this verse. Moslems ask "How could this refer to Jesus, as he is David's son and David calls him Lord?" They answer this question by suggesting that the Lord of David is in fact Muhammad.1
- In Matthew 22:42-44 Jesus himself tells us that this verse refers to him; it cannot therefore refer to Muhammad.
- David calls Jesus "Lord" because he is not only the son of David but also the son of God.
- Baagil H. M., Muslim-Christian Dialogue, (Islamic Propagation Centre International (U.K.), Birmingham, U.K., 1984), p. 50. Return