1 Cor. 11:5,13
1 Cor. 15:31
- Women's Head Coverings
- 1 Corinthians 11:5, 13
- "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven."
- "Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?"
- Moslems teach that both men and women should cover their heads during prayer (and that women should cover all of their bodies at other times). They cite this passage in support of their assertion that this practice was taught by the early church.
- The passage does not require the women to cover their heads at other times than during prayer.
- 1 Corinthians 11:4,7 which are the previous verse and a verse in the middle of the passage cited by Moslems, say that men should keep their heads uncovered during prayer. If the second part of the commandment (that women should cover their heads) is from God, then Moslems should also accept the first part of the commandment and male Moslems should pray with heads bared.
- Here is clear guidance that women should cover their heads during prayer. Moslems should acknowledge that this passage comes from God, which means that Paul is a prophet.