1 Samuel 15:35
1 Kings 15:14
2 Kings 18:5
2 Kings 24:6
- Matthew 19:16
- " . . . Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?"
- Mark 10:17 and Luke 18:18
- " . . . Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
- It is argued that the Bible cannot be verbally inspired since the gospel writers do not quote the same words in the dialogue between Jesus and the young man.
- Verbal inspiration does not require a writer to record a complete conversation unless this is essential to the purpose of the record.
- The Biblical doctrine of inspiration requires the writers to faithfully record the information selected, although for the purpose of the narrative only a section of a dialogue may be reproduced. The complete request of the rich young man may have been: "Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may inherit eternal life?"